Orzo Pesto Salad is super easy to make and delicious! This salad is filled with orzo, tomatoes, mozzarella, fresh basil and pesto.
Why you'll love orzo salad with pesto:
Orzo Pesto Salad will be your new favorite pasta salad!
This is basically a take on caprese salad with the addition of orzo and pesto. The flavors are so yummy together!
We're making this recipe even easier by using store bought pesto.
Bring this to any summer BBQ! The recipe serves 6. On the recipe card, you will see an option to double and triple the recipe. The measurements will change for you automatically once you select "2x" or "3x".
- dried orzo
- cherry tomatoes, cut into fourths
- mozzarella balls, cut into fourths
- fresh basil, chiffonade cut
- pesto - I used store bought pesto, but you can also make your own. Try this recipe out!
- fresh lemon juice
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
A complete list of ingredients, amounts and instructions is located on the recipe card below.
How to make Orzo Pesto Salad:
This is an overview of the recipe with photos. Complete instructions are located on the recipe card below.
Cook the orzo according to the package's instructions until al dente.
Drain the orzo in a colander and rinse it with cold water.
Combine the pesto, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Add the rinsed orzo to a bowl with all of the other ingredients.
Pour the pesto mixture over the top, combine and enjoy!
Cook the pasta until al dente. Make sure not to overcook the orzo or it will be mushy in the salad.
Store bought pesto is typically darker in color compared to freshly made pesto. The color will be more vibrant if you use fresh pesto.
As the salad sits in the fridge, the orzo will soak up the pesto mixture. Add a little extra pesto and mix before serving.
Orzo is a small shaped pasta that resembles rice. It is not rice.
Store this salad in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? LET ME KNOW BELOW WITH A COMMENT AND RATING! 🙂
YOUR 5 STAR RATINGS AND WONDERFUL COMMENTS REALLY SUPPORT MY BUSINESS AND HELP OTHER READERS AS WELL.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
Orzo Pesto Salad
- 1 cup dried orzo
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes , cut into fourths
- ¾ cup mozzarella balls , cut into fourths
- ⅓ cup fresh basil , chiffonade cut
- ½ cup pesto
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the orzo according to the package's instructions until al dente. Drain the orzo in a colander and rinse it with cold water.
- Combine the pesto, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Add the rinsed orzo to a bowl with all of the other ingredients. Pour the pesto mixture over the top, combine and enjoy!
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.