Oat Free Chocolate Granola (Gluten Free) is made with nuts, seeds, dried fruit and cacao powder. It’s sweetened with a bit of pure maple syrup!
I've been personally prepping this recipe for the past few weeks and I just had to share it! I would call this granola grain free, but there is controversy whether or not buckwheat is a grain. You can do your own research if you're paleo or grain free to see what works best for you. Either way, this is truly the BEST oat free granola!
Ingredients in this recipe
- buckwheat groats
- chopped pecans
- hemp seeds
- dried white mulberries or dried fruit of choice
- cacao powder
- pure maple syrup
- egg whites
- melted and cooled coconut oil
- If you don't have buckwheat groats, you can substitute your favorite chopped nut. I do recommend using buckwheat groats though. They offer a puffed crispy texture. You can purchase buckwheat groats at any major grocery store or directly on Amazon.
- Use any liquid sweetener in place of pure maple syrup.
- Switch hemp seeds out for unsweetened shredded coconut.
- Swap chopped pecans for hazelnuts for a chocolate hazelnut granola.
- DO NOT substitute the egg whites in this recipe. The protein in the egg white helps the oats bind together. Also, when the egg white cooks, it makes the granola crunchy.
This granola recipe is perfect for meal prep! I make a batch each week to enjoy for breakfast or as a snack. Store this homemade granola in an airtight container in the pantry or in the refrigerator for about two weeks. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
PIN ME FOR LATER!
Popular Grain Free Recipes To Make
- Paleo Chocolate Chip Tahini Blondies
- Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Brownie Cookies
- Healthy Fudgy Almond Flour Brownies
Oat Free Chocolate Granola (Gluten Free)
- Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Spread mixture onto a sheet pan with parchment paper and bake for 14-18 minutes in a 325 degree F oven. Constantly check and stir the granola around as it’s cooking to prevent it from burning. Mine was perfect at 15 minutes.
- Remove the granola from the oven. Allow it to fully cool before breaking it apart and storing in an airtight container.
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know below with a comment and rating! 🙂