This Matcha Strawberry Smoothie is filled with matcha powder, strawberries, banana and even has a protein boost. It's healthy and delicious!
Recently, I've been super into matcha. I decided to add some into a smoothie and I was hooked!
This creamy smoothie makes the perfect breakfast or post workout snack.
For a protein boost and vanilla flavor, I added some vanilla collagen.
You can also use your favorite vanilla protein powder! Just make sure you enjoy the taste of the protein powder you use. I've tried some not so great protein powders and they can ruin a smoothie.
Ingredients in this recipe
- unsweetened almond milk - You can use whatever milk you prefer.
- culinary grade matcha powder - If you've never tried matcha before, I suggest starting with ½ teaspoon.
- vanilla collagen or your favorite vanilla protein powder - I used Primal Kitchen's COLLAGEN FUEL® Drink Mix in Vanilla for this recipe. You can purchase it HERE. Use code "FROZENBANANAS" for 10% off.
- spinach - For some extra greens!
- frozen strawberries
- frozen banana - I love the creaminess the ½ banana adds!
- ice cubes
A complete list of ingredients, amounts and instructions is located on the recipe card below.
Can I make a matcha smoothie?
Matcha isn't just for lattes. It's a great addition to make your smoothie extra energizing and give it an antioxidant boost!
Matcha also isn't just for drinking... check out my Chewy Oatmeal Matcha Cookies!
What mixes well with matcha?
I love the flavor of this smoothie because the strawberries, banana and vanilla collagen powder compliment the strong flavor profile of the matcha powder.
You could definitely try other fruits in this smoothie. I've personally swapped out the strawberries for blueberries before. I think mango or raspberries would be tasty as well.
Can I use fresh fruit instead of frozen?
Yes, but add some extra ice cubes. I recommend using frozen fruit though because it contributes to a thicker icy texture.
If you are looking for an awesome blender that won’t break the bank, check out THIS one! It also makes the creamiest and thickest smoothie bowls.
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? LET ME KNOW BELOW WITH A COMMENT AND RATING! 🙂
YOUR 5 STAR RATINGS AND WONDERFUL COMMENTS REALLY SUPPORT MY BUSINESS AND HELP OTHER READERS AS WELL.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
Matcha Strawberry Smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, or milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon culinary grade matcha powder
- 1 scoop vanilla collagen, or your favorite vanilla protein powder
- ½ cup spinach
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- ½ frozen banana
- 2-4 ice cubes
- In a high-powered blender, add all ingredients and blend on high for 1 minute or until all ingredients are well combined. Add in more almond milk, if needed.
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.