This High Protein French Toast recipe has over 25 grams of protein! The bread is dipped in a mixture made from protein powder and egg whites.
I've noticed that if I don't eat enough protein at breakfast, I'm starving within a couple of hours. I've made it a point to eat a good amount of protein in the morning to feel energized and satiated.
I don't want to miss out on yummy breakfast meals like French toast. This is why I decided to create a French toast recipe that is higher in protein.
Let me break it down for you...
There are other ingredients in this recipe, but I'm just touching on the egg whites, protein powder and bread since those are the main sources of protein.
7.2 grams of protein in the egg whites
7.5 grams of protein in the protein powder
10.5 grams of protein in the bread
Total protein = over 25 grams!!!
Overview of the ingredients
sliced wheat bread of choice - I used Alvarado Street Bakery Sprouted Wheat Flax Seed Bread. Each slice of bread has 3.5 grams of protein!
milk of choice
egg whites - You can also use boxed egg whites here.
protein powder of choice - I used vanilla whey protein powder.
A complete list of ingredients, amounts and instructions is located on the recipe card below.
It's best to leave the bread out for a day on the counter, wrapped in paper towel to let it dry out a bit. This will yield crispier French toast.
Make sure you enjoy the taste of the protein powder you use!
Do not let the bread soak in the mixture for too long or it could fall apart.
You can top the french toast however you please. Get creative! I topped mine with fresh sliced strawberries, powdered monk fruit and a little drizzle of pure maple syrup.
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? LET ME KNOW BELOW WITH A COMMENT AND RATING! 🙂
YOUR 5 STAR RATINGS AND WONDERFUL COMMENTS REALLY SUPPORT MY BUSINESS AND HELP OTHER READERS AS WELL.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
High Protein French Toast
- 3 slices sliced wheat bread of choice - I used Alvarado Street Bakery Sprouted Wheat Flax Seed Bread. Each slice of bread has 3.5 grams of protein!
- ⅓ cup milk of choice
- 2 egg whites - You can also use boxed egg whites here. 6 tablespoons is equal to 2 egg whites.
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons protein powder of choice - I used vanilla whey protein powder. This was about a half of a scoop.
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- In a bowl, whisk together milk, egg whites, cinnamon and vanilla protein powder.
- Place coconut oil into a pan over medium heat.
- Dunk the slices of bread into the liquid mixture (one at a time). Make sure you flip the bread to coat both sides evenly. Then, place the slices of soaked bread into the hot pan. You should hear a sizzle when the bread hits the pan.
- Cook 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Serve with toppings of choice!
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.
I made this french toast on Sunday for my family. I tripled the recipe and it was a huge hit. Even the kiddies loved!