Healthy Coffee Cake is made with almond flour, coconut sugar and chocolate chips. This recipe reminds me of an Entenmann's Crumb Coffee Cake!
This cake might possibly be the best dessert recipe ever, or at least one of the best. The funny part about this is it's actually a recipe I created over two years ago, but never typed it up on the website. Not sure what I was thinking, but I am so glad I found it buried in my notes!
I've been enjoying this cake as a lunch dessert with a cup of iced coffee. Yes, I have lunch dessert and I'm not sure what you're doing if you don't. 😉 My boyfriend loves having this cake for breakfast. Either way, just bake it and enjoy it at anytime during the day.
Ingredients in the cake
- eggs at room temperature
- unsweetened almond milk at room temperature
- melted and cooled coconut oil
- vanilla extract
- coconut sugar
- almond flour
- tapioca flour
- baking powder (gluten free)
- dark chocolate chips - this is optional, but recommended because everything's better with chocolate!
Ingredients in the crumb topping
The cake is so fluffy, without regular all purpose flour. It's made with a mix of almond flour and tapioca flour. Please don't ask if you can substitute the flours. I love you guys, but I am telling you that these two flours together yield a beautiful fluffy and moist texture. If you never baked with tapioca flour, don't be intimidated! You can find it at any major grocery store, wherever you find Bob's Red Mill products. You can also just purchase tapioca flour on Amazon.
KITCHEN TOOLS TO PURCHASE TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
PIN ME FOR LATER!
Healthy Coffee Cake
Ingredients in the Cake
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk at room temperature
- ¼ cup melted and cooled coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (gluten free)
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips - this is optional, but recommended because everything's better with chocolate!
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, almond milk, coconut oil, vanilla, and coconut sugar.
- Add in the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking powder and chocolate chips. Mix until combined with a silicone spatula.
- Press the batter into an 8x8 baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- To make the crumb topping, combine all ingredients listed for the topping in a small mixing bowl until crumbly.
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over the batter in the baking dish.
- Bake for 32-37 minutes in an oven preheated to 350 degrees F or until a toothpick comes out clean. My cake was perfect at 35 minutes in my oven.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before slicing into nine pieces.
- Store the cake in an airtight container on the kitchen counter for a couple of days or freeze each piece individually and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know below with a comment and rating! 🙂