Whole Wheat Baked Donuts are yeast free, easy to make and so tasty! These donuts are filled with chocolate chips and topped with melted dark chocolate and natural sprinkles.
As a kid I loved Entenmann's Rich Frosted Donuts. They were one of my favorite Entenmann's treats; mostly because they were covered in a chocolate coating. These are basically a healthier version of those donuts. If you love Entenmann's Rich Frosted Donuts or chocolate in general, you have to make this recipe!
For this recipe you will need a donut pan, I purchased mine from Amazon. After you make this donut recipe, you can use the donut pan to make Gluten Free Cinnamon Sugar Donuts and Gluten Free Greek Yogurt Bagels!
Ingredients in Whole Wheat Baked Donuts
These donuts are made with much healthier ingredients than a traditional donut, but I promise flavor is not compromised!
- unsweetened almond milk
- avocado oil
- vanilla extract
- coconut sugar
- whole wheat flour
- baking powder
- mini chocolate chips
- melted dark chocolate
- natural chocolate sprinkles
Spoon the flour into the measuring cup. Then, level off the top of the cup with a knife. Do not place the measuring cup into the bag and scoop. You could end up with more flour than needed.
You could make these into muffins instead of donuts if you don't own a donut pan. I would say to bake the muffins in a 350 degree F oven for about 20-25 minutes.
Substitute gluten free oat flour for whole wheat flour and gluten free baking powder.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
PIN ME FOR LATER!
Whole Wheat Baked Donuts
- Grease a donut pan with avocado oil.
- Spoon the batter into an icing bag or use a Ziploc bag and cut the bottom in order to create a makeshift icing bag. Squeeze the batter into the donut pan in circular motions. If this seems like too much, don't worry! Simply, spoon the batter evenly into the donut pan instead. Just note that the donuts may not look as "donut-like."
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-14 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes on the counter before removing each donut from the donut pan and letting them cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
- Once the donuts have cooled completely, dip each one into melted chocolate and top with sprinkles.
- Place the chocolate dipped donuts on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and let them cool in the fridge for about 40-60 minutes until the chocolate has hardened.
- Store in the fridge.
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know below with a comment and rating! 🙂