Firstly, this Healthy Cinnamon Apple Crumb Cake is gluten free and refined sugar free. This easy crumb cake recipe is made with simple ingredients such as oats, oat flour, cinnamon, apples, walnuts and maple syrup. Secondly, the big pieces of crumble on top is pure perfection and makes this cake extra special. You can call it an applesauce coffee cake! I guarantee this cake will be on your Thanksgiving table!
Ingredients Used in This Healthy Cinnamon Apple Crumb Cake:
- oat flour
- baking powder
- unsweetened applesauce
- avocado oil
- coconut oil
- maple syrup
- coconut sugar
Other Fall Recipes to Make!
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- Pumpkin Tahini Salad Dressing
- Baked Cinnamon Sugar Doughnuts
Healthy Cinnamon Apple Crumb Cake
Ingredients for Cake Batter:
- 2 cups GF oat flour
- ½ tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder (gluten-free)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅛ cup avocado oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ⅓ cup diced apples
Ingredients for Crumble Topping:
- ⅔ cup GF oat flour
- ⅓ cup GF oats
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- Mix together all ingredients for the cake batter until combined.
- Grab a 9-inch cake pan and place parchment paper at the bottom. Spoon the cake batter into the pan.
- Mix together all ingredients for the crumble topping.
- Use your hands and evenly distribute the crumble topping on top of the cake batter. Place into the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool, slice and enjoy. A scoop of vanilla ice cream goes great on top! Store in an air-tight container on the counter for a couple of days or individually wrap and place into the freezer to grab and microwave whenever you want a treat!
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know in the comments with a comment and rating! 🙂