If you love creamy pasta and want to cut back on the cheese, this one is for you! The luscious sauce is dairy-free, and made with ingredients such as coconut milk and nutritional yeast. By the way, this meal takes less than 20 minutes to make!
Dairy-Free Mac & Cheese
- 3 cups dried chickpea pasta
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- ½ chopped white onion
- 1 cup canned unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup bone broth or veggie stock
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp GF oat flour
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- Boil water and cook chickpea pasta for recommended time on the box. Mince garlic and onion. Heat a saucepan with avocado oil on medium heat. Toss in the onion and garlic and cook for 4-6 minutes until translucent and golden.
- Pour in the coconut milk and bone broth/veggie stock and nutritional yeast and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the oat flour and simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce thickens and becomes creamy. Sprinkle in pink salt and pepper. Drain the chickpea pasta and cover in the “cheese” sauce.