Dairy Free Mac and Cheese is cashew free and can be made vegan. The cheese sauce is made from nutritional yeast, bone broth and coconut milk!
This is by far the best cheese-free mac and cheese recipe! I swear and this is coming from someone who loves cheese. You don't need any fancy ingredients to make this recipe, like soaked cashews or vegan cheese. Not to mention, this "cheesy" meal takes less than 20 minutes to throw together!
Ingredients in Dairy Free Mac and Cheese
- dried elbow pasta of choice
- avocado oil
- minced garlic cloves
- diced white onion
- canned unsweetened full fat coconut milk
- chicken/beef bone broth or veggie stock
- nutritional yeast
- gluten free oat flour
- salt and black pepper to taste
How to make this mac and cheese recipe gluten free and vegan?
Substitute the bone broth for veggie stock and use gluten free elbow pasta.
Pro Tip! Add some boiled broccoli into this dish to get in some extra veggies!
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
PIN ME FOR LATER!
Dairy Free Mac and Cheese
- Boil water and cook pasta for recommended time on the box. Mince garlic and onion. Heat a saucepan with avocado oil on medium heat. Toss in the onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk and bone broth/veggie stock and nutritional yeast and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the oat flour and simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce thickens and becomes creamy. Sprinkle in pink salt and pepper. Drain the pasta and cover in the “cheese” sauce.
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know below with a comment and rating! 🙂