Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bread is moist, fluffy and truly the best healthy banana bread. It’s a great breakfast, snack or dessert!
I have to say, I shocked myself with this recipe. This banana bread has the most perfect texture and is just sweet enough.
This recipe is made with wholesome ingredients like whole wheat pastry flour, oats, coconut oil and a bit of pure maple syrup.
Most banana bread recipes contain at least a cup of sugar on top of the already naturally sweet bananas. All this bread needs is ¼ cup of extra sweetness.
Don't even tell anyone it's healthy because they will truly have NO clue.
Ingredients in this recipe
- mashed spotty-brown bananas
- melted and cooled coconut oil
- pure maple syrup
- pure vanilla extract
- whole wheat pastry flour or white whole wheat flour
- old fashioned rolled oats
- baking powder
- baking soda
- ground cinnamon
- dark chocolate chips
Can I use another flour instead of whole wheat pastry flour?
You can use white whole wheat flour if needed. Please note that whole wheat pastry flour and white whole wheat flour are not the same as regular whole wheat flour. These two options create a softer and lighter crumb because they are made from white wheat opposed to red hard wheat.
Though oat flour may have a similar texture if used in this recipe, I cannot guarantee the same results. I always recommend following the recipe to a T for best results.
I would love to test every possible variation of one recipe, but I don't have the time. This is why I create a variety of recipes with different flours. You should be able to browse my website and find something that works with the ingredients you have on hand. I will also list a few sweet recipes below!
- Healthy Banana Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
- Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
- Gluten Free Chocolate Banana Bread (with Paleo Chocolate Frosting)
- Healthy Cookie Dough Balls
- Almond Flour Banana Muffins
- Always use room temperature ingredients for optimal results.
- Use spotty-brown bananas opposed to yellow or green. The darker in color they are, the sweeter they will be.
- If you don't have fresh bananas on hand, you can you use frozen bananas.
- I recommend an 8x4 loaf pan. I find that the bread rises so well in this size pan. I linked mine HERE.
- Properly measure flour by spooning the flour into the measuring cup. Then, level off the top of the cup with a knife. Do not place the measuring cup into the bag and scoop. You could end up with more flour than needed.
- Don't overmix the batter. Mix until just combined. You can wind up with tough banana bread that won't rise if you keep mixing.
How to Store Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bread?
Store the banana bread in an airtight container on the kitchen counter for 2-3 days. You can also store the bread in an airtight container in the fridge for about 4 days. Lastly, individually wrap slices of the bread and freeze for up to 3 months. This works great for meal prep. Pop a slice in the microwave whenever you want!
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
PIN ME FOR LATER!
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? LET ME KNOW BELOW WITH A COMMENT AND RATING! 🙂
YOUR 5 STAR RATINGS AND WONDERFUL COMMENTS REALLY SUPPORT MY BUSINESS AND HELP OTHER READERS AS WELL.
Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bread
- ¾ cup mashed spotty-brown bananas (about 1 ½ - 2 bananas)
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons melted and cooled coconut oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups whole wheat pastry flour or white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ - 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅓ - ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and eggs.
- Next, add in the whole wheat pastry flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Use a rubber spatula to combine the ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Grease an 8x4 loaf pan or use parchment paper. Add the banana bread batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Mine was perfect at 40 minutes.
- Allow the bread to cool before slicing.
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.
Was absolutely incredible ! Cannot wait to make it again 🤍🤍🤍Ty, Ty, Ty!
Amazing! So happy to hear that. 🙂
Can I use quick oats instead of old fashioned?
No, I recommend old fashioned for this recipe. They will be able to hold their texture better.
Can I use a different oil than the cocoa nut oil?
I haven't tried using a different oil, but olive oil or avocado oil should work.
I made this the other night. Might be my new go to banana bread! Yummy