Almond Flour Blackberry Muffins are gluten free, grain free, paleo and low carb. They can also be made keto friendly with a small substitution. These one bowl muffins are fluffy, tasty and easy to make!
This post is sponsored by Primal Kitchen. All opinions are my own.
Almond Flour Blackberry Muffins are crispy on the top and moist on the inside just like a bakery style muffin. The secret to the moist texture is Primal Kitchen's Avocado Oil. Purchase at www.primalkitchen.com. Use code "frozenbananas" at checkout for a discount!
As you know, avocado oil is a staple in my kitchen. Many of my recipes call for it. I love Primal Kitchen's Avocado Oil because it's Non-GMO Project Verified, contains monounsaturated fats and is great for cooking and baking. Avocado oil is perfect to bake with because it has a neutral flavor.
Ingredients in this recipe
- avocado oil - Purchase at www.primalkitchen.com. Use code "frozenbananas" at checkout for a discount!
- unsweetened applesauce
- pure maple syrup
- apple cider vinegar
- almond flour
- tapioca flour
- coconut flour
- baking soda
- paleo baking powder
- fresh blackberries (cut in half)
Store in an airtight container at room temperature and enjoy within 2-3 days. Store in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy within 4-5 days. To freeze, wrap each individual muffin in plastic wrap. Place the muffins into a freezer bag. Keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Arrowroot starch/flour can be used in place of tapioca flour.
Use your favorite berry, but use fresh berries over frozen. Frozen berries can make the batter soggy.
Spoon the flour into the measuring cup. Then, level off the top of the cup with a knife. Do not place the measuring cup into the bag and scoop. You could end up with more flour than needed.
You can easily make these muffins keto friendly by swapping out maple syrup for a 1:1 liquid keto sweetener!
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
PIN ME FOR LATER
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? LET ME KNOW BELOW WITH A COMMENT AND RATING! 🙂
YOUR 5 STAR RATINGS AND WONDERFUL COMMENTS REALLY SUPPORT MY BUSINESS AND HELP OTHER READERS AS WELL.
Almond Flour Blackberry Muffins
- ¼ cup avocado oil - Purchase at www.primalkitchen.com. Use code "frozenbananas" at checkout for a discount!
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon paleo baking powder
- ⅔ cup fresh blackberries (cut in half)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together avocado oil, applesauce, eggs, pure maple syrup and apple cider vinegar.
- Next, add in the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking soda and paleo baking powder. Combine with a rubber spatula. Be sure to mix until combined. Do not overmix.
- Lastly, gently fold in the blackberries to prevent them from breaking into the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.