Air Fryer Butternut Squash Fries are easy to make, crispy and delicious. These fries are seasoned with chili powder, salt and pepper!
Sweet potato fries are one of my favorites, but I wanted to switch things up. These Air Fryer Butternut Squash Fries will be your new go-to side dish. I served these this past week with my Healthy Chicken Burger Patties! It was the perfect weeknight dinner.
Ingredients in this recipe
- 1 small - medium butternut squash cut into ¾ inch thick fries
- avocado oil
- ground black pepper
- chili powder
Don't be intimidated by butternut squash if you've never purchased one before. They are easy to work with. For your convenience, I added a video tutorial showing you how to cut and prepare butternut squash for the air fryer.
Frequently Asked Questions
THIS is the one I personally own and love. It's small enough to put on the kitchen counter or on top of your fridge.
Should you peel butternut squash?
Nope! No need to peel the squash. You can also keep the seeds when you scoop them out of the squash. I air fry the seeds with spices and add them to salads. No waste here!
How to cut butternut squash into fries?
First, cut the ends off of the butternut squash. Then, cut in half and then, half again. You should have 4 pieces. Scoop out the seeds. Lastly, slice the butternut squash into fries (about ¾ inch thick). Watch the video above if you are more of a visual person.
How do you cook butternut squash in an air fryer?
Lay the butternut squash fries in the air fryer basket. Make sure they do not touch. This will create optimal crispiness. Cook at 375 degrees F for about 14-18 minutes.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
PIN ME FOR LATER
Air Fryer Butternut Squash Fries
- Air Fryer
- 1 small - medium butternut squash cut into ¾ inch thick
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- First, cut the ends off of the butternut squash. Then, cut in half and then, half again. You should have 4 pieces. Scoop out the seeds. Lastly, slice the butternut squash into fries (about ¾ inch thick). Watch the video above if you are more of a visual person.
- Place the cut butternut squash into a large mixing bowl. Add the oil and spices.
- Use your hands to make sure the butternut squash is evenly coated in the spices and oil.
- Next, lay the butternut squash in the air fryer basket. Make sure they do not touch. This will create optimal crispiness. Cook at 375 degrees F for about 14-18 minutes.
- You will need to make this recipe in 2-3 batches depending on the size of your air fryer. When a batch finishes cooking, allow the fries to cool on a wire cooling rack while you cook the next batch.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce!
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know below with a comment and rating! 🙂
This recipe will be on repeat all fall and winter long. Just got an air fryer and I’m obsessedddd