White Bean Caprese Salad will be your new favorite easy summer salad!
This post is sponsored by Primal Kitchen. All opinions are my own.
Caprese salad is a classic. It's ALWAYS a crowd pleaser! BUT I wanted to step it up a notch. This version is made with tomatoes, mozzarella, fresh basil and white beans (I used cannellini) for additional protein and fiber.
Also, you can't forget the homemade avocado oil dressing! To make the dressing, I used Primal Kitchen's California Extra Virgin Avocado Oil and Primal Kitchen's Organic Balsamic Vinegar of Modena. Purchase at www.primalkitchen.com. Use code "frozenbananas" at checkout for a discount!
Ingredients in this recipe
- halved cherry tomatoes
- rinsed and drained cannellini beans
- fresh mozzarella pearls
- fresh chopped basil
- Primal Kitchen's California Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- Primal Kitchen's Organic Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
- dijon mustard
- garlic powder
How to Make Salad Dressing with Avocado Oil
Add avocado oil, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, garlic, salt and pepper to a small jar. Secure the top with a lid. Shake it up well and voilà!
Substitution and Addition Ideas
- Use navy beans, chickpeas or great northern beans if you do not like cannellini beans.
- Add canned tuna to this salad and enjoy as a great meal prep lunch.
- Add arugula or spinach for some additional greens.
Recipes to enjoy with White Bean Caprese Salad
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG! DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
PIN ME FOR LATER!
White Bean Caprese Salad
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ¾ cup rinsed and drained cannellini beans
- ½ cup fresh mozzarella pearls
- ¼ cup fresh chopped basil (pro tip - use a scissor)
- 2 tbsp Primal Kitchen's California Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- 1 tbsp Primal Kitchen's Organic Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- First, make the avocado oil dressing. Add avocado oil, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, garlic, salt and pepper to a small jar. Secure the top with a lid. Shake it up well and voilà!
- Add tomatoes, beans, mozzarella and basil to a bowl. Pour the dressing over the top, mix and enjoy!
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know below with a comment and rating! 🙂
Leave a Reply