Spaghetti Squash Turkey Bolognese is a super easy, healthy and low carb dinner. The bolognese sauce is loaded with protein and so delicious!
This was a go-to dinner for my boyfriend and I last fall and winter. I realized I never shared it on here. When I purchased spaghetti squash this week, I knew I had to remake the recipe and share it with all of you. I have no doubt that this will be one of your go-to dinners too!
The bolognese sauce is what I like to call "semi homemade" because I use jarred marinara sauce, but added in vegetables and ground turkey. I bet you can guess what jarred sauce I used. Surprise, surprise... Primal Kitchen! I used Primal Kitchen's Roasted Garlic Marinara Sauce. If you want to purchase the sauce for this recipe, head to www.primalkitchen.com. Use code "frozenbananas" at checkout for a discount!
Ingredients in this recipe
- spaghetti squash
- olive oil
- minced garlic clove
- diced yellow onion
- diced carrot
- diced celery
- ground turkey
- jarred marinara sauce - I used Primal Kitchen's Roasted Garlic Marinara Sauce. If you want to purchase the sauce for this recipe, head to www.primalkitchen.com. Use code "frozenbananas" at checkout for a discount!
- unsweetened light canned coconut milk
- garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
Since spaghetti squash can be difficult to cut through at times, poke slits in the squash's skin with a knife (poke along where you will slice the squash in half.) Now, microwave the squash for about four minutes. It should be easier to slice through once microwaved.
Place the spaghetti squash on a cutting board. Slice through it lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
PIN ME FOR LATER!
Spaghetti Squash Turkey Bolognese
- 1 spaghetti squash
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons diced yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons diced carrot
- 2 tablespoons diced celery
- ½ lb ground turkey
- 1 ½ cups jarred marinara sauce - I used Primal Kitchen's Roasted Garlic Marinara Sauce. If you want to purchase the sauce for this recipe, head to www.primalkitchen.com. Use code "frozenbananas" at checkout for a discount!
- ¼ cup unsweetened light canned coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Slice the spaghetti squash in half and scoop the seeds out. See the notes earlier in the post about the easiest way to cut the squash.
- Place the spaghetti squash halves face down on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the squash at 425 degrees F for about 45 minutes or until tender.
- Now, it's time to make the sauce. Heat a skillet on medium with olive oil. Add garlic and onion and sauté for 1-2 minutes until golden. Add carrot, celery and ground turkey and cook for about 5 minutes. Break up the turkey into small pieces as you are sautéing.
- Next, pour in the marinara sauce, coconut milk and 2-3 tablespoons of water to thin out the sauce. Reduce the heat to simmer and cook for about 10 minutes. Sprinkle in garlic powder, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste. You may not need much salt at all since we are using store bought sauce for this recipe.
- Once the spaghetti squash is cooked through, shred it with a fork. Evenly distribute the sauce into each shredded spaghetti squash boat. Sprinkle each with parmesan cheese and enjoy!
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know below with a comment and rating! 🙂