Healthy Protein Chocolate Mousse is made with 3 ingredients - Greek yogurt, dark chocolate and cacao powder. It's easy to make and so yummy!
I love chocolate mousse! I always get it when I go out to a nice restaurant. It's just so rich, creamy and satisfying. Traditional chocolate mousse recipes have lots of cream and sugar.
I use Greek yogurt in place of cream in this recipe. It makes the recipe high in protein and creates a thick mousse. The chocolate flavor comes from the mix of cacao powder and dark chocolate. There is no extra sugar added. It's sweet enough!
This is the perfect dessert to make for date night or even Valentine's Day! It looks and tastes so impressive, but it's super simple.
Let me know in the comments if you make this recipe for someone you love!
plain Greek yogurt - I recommend using 2% or 5% fat. Non-fat Greek yogurt won't be as creamy and thick.
dark chocolate chips - The darker the cocoa, the lower the sugar. I typically look for 70%+ cocoa. You can use sugar free chocolate chips if you would like.
cacao powder - This gives an extra chocolate flavor. Plus, you get all the health benefits of the powder.
How to make Healthy Protein Chocolate Mousse?
- Melt the chocolate chips.
- Add Greek yogurt, melted chocolate and cacao powder into your stand mixer bowl.
- Use the whisk attachment and whip.
- Place the mousse into the fridge.
- Scoop it into individual cups.
- Add toppings of choice.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
PIN ME FOR LATER!
More Healthy Chocolate Desserts
- Healthy Vegan Chocolate Truffles
- Oat Milk Hot Chocolate
- Dark Chocolate Coconut Clusters (Keto)
- Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? LET ME KNOW BELOW WITH A COMMENT AND RATING! 🙂
YOUR 5 STAR RATINGS AND WONDERFUL COMMENTS REALLY SUPPORT MY BUSINESS AND HELP OTHER READERS AS WELL.
Healthy Protein Chocolate Mousse (3 Ingredients)
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave. Place chocolate chips in an oven safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments to ensure the chocolate does not burn. (Example: Microwave for 30 seconds, stir the chocolate and then place back into the microwave.) Repeat this until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Make sure the melted chocolate isn’t hot. Allow it to cool down a bit before making the mousse.
- Add Greek yogurt, melted chocolate and cacao powder into your stand mixer bowl. If you don't have a stand mixer, you can use a hand mixer.
- Use the whisk attachment and whip the mixture until combined and creamy.
- Cover and place the mousse into the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight. It will get thicker as it sits in the fridge.
- Scoop it into individual cups with a cookie scoop.
- Add toppings of choice. I used grated dark chocolate, flaky sea salt and sliced strawberries.
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.