This Curried Chickpea Salad Sandwich with Yogurt is a healthy and easy-to-make lunch! It's made with wholesome ingredients and filled with fiber.
If you are looking to spice up your life during lunchtime, I highly recommend giving this sandwich recipe a try! Chickpea salad sandwiches are very popular, but can be kind of boring. I love the addition of the curry in this recipe because it really amps up the flavor.
Chickpea salad sandwiches are a great substitute for tuna salad. I have nothing against tuna salad, but it's nice to switch it up sometimes. Rather than using mayo to make this salad super creamy, I use Greek yogurt to increase the protein. Also, another special addition to this salad is chopped dates. The sweetness of the dates works so well with the curry flavor and I love the chewy texture.
Ingredients in this Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- canned chickpeas (rinsed and drained) and then mashed
- diced red onion
- diced celery
- chopped dates
- plain Greek yogurt
- olive oil
- curry powder
- black pepper
- sliced whole wheat sourdough bread
CUSTOMIZE THIS SALAD
- Add on some lettuce or extra veggies
- Use a different bread that you prefer
- Sub lettuce cups for the bread
Meal Prep this Sandwich
Prep this sandwich in advance to take with you on-the-go. You can make this sandwich the day or night before, wrap in foil and enjoy the next day at work or school.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG! DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
PIN ME FOR LATER!
Curried Chickpea Salad Sandwich with Yogurt
- Add the rinsed and drained chickpeas into a mixing bowl. Use a fork or potato masher and mash the chickpeas.
- Add red onion, celery, dates, Greek yogurt, olive oil and seasonings into the bowl of mashed chickpeas.
- Mix until combined and creamy.
- In a small bowl, mash a ripe avocado until smooth.
- Grab your 4 slices of sourdough and assemble the 2 sandwiches. You can toast your bread if you would like.
- Divide the mashed avocado spread evenly. Spread the mashed avocado onto 2 slices of bread. Divide the chickpea salad evenly and spread the mixture onto each slice of bread. Close the sandwiches up with another slice of sourdough. Enjoy!
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know below with a comment and rating! 🙂