Air Fryer Lemon Parmesan Asparagus is the perfect low carb and gluten free side dish. This easy recipe comes together in under 10 minutes!
Asparagus are underrated and I think that's because many don't know how to season them well. Garlic, lemon and parmesan cheese are the perfect flavor combination for this veggie. After you try this recipe, you just might be buying asparagus weekly!
It's no secret that I love air fryer recipes. Everything just comes out so much crispier in an air fryer. Plus, I don't have to turn on the oven. A few of my favorite air fryer recipes are Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan Fries, Air Fryer Naan Pizza and Healthy Air Fryer Chicken Breast (No Breading).
If you are in the market for an air fryer, THIS is the air fryer I own and recommend. You can purchase it from Amazon.
Ingredients in this recipe
- trimmed thin asparagus
- avocado oil
- garlic powder
- ground black pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
An important note about the asparagus...
Asparagus can range in thickness. Please note that I used thin asparagus. Use the photos above as a reference. I purchased my asparagus from Trader Joe's. If you use very thick asparagus for this recipe, they will not cook in the same amount of time. They will take longer. You know the asparagus are cooked through when they are tender, but not mushy.
How do you trim asparagus?
- Of course, make sure you wash the asparagus first.
- Then, pat them dry with a towel.
- Line the asparagus up on a cutting board.
- Next, trim the asparagus. Cut where the stalks turn from white to green. The white stem is woody and hard. You can also bend the asparagus gently until it breaks. It will naturally snap right before the white woody stem. Throw away the white stems.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
PIN ME FOR LATER!
Did you try this recipe? Let me know below with a comment and rating! 🙂 Your 5 star ratings and wonderful comments really support my business and help other readers as well.
Air Fryer Lemon Parmesan Asparagus
- Air Fryer
- 1 bunch trimmed thin asparagus (see notes above in the post about how to trim asparagus)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- juice of half a lemon
- Place the trimmed asparagus into a bowl with the avocado oil, garlic powder, salt and ground black pepper. Use your hands to make sure the asparagus are coated in the oil and spices.
- Line the asparagus in the air fryer.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese evenly over the top of them.
- Air fry the asparagus at 400 degrees F for about 7-9 minutes. Once they are cooked through, squeeze half a lemon over the top and serve.
- As mentioned above, asparagus can range in thickness. Please note that I used thin asparagus. Use the photos above as a reference. I purchased my asparagus from Trader Joe's. If you use very thick asparagus for this recipe, they will not cook in the same amount of time. They will take longer. You know the asparagus are cooked through when they are tender, but not mushy.
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.
Leave a Reply