- 2.5 lb ground turkey meat
- 1 small diced red onion
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup rice crumbs/panko bread crumbs I grab the rice crumbs at Trader Joe's for a gluten-free option, but really any bread crumb works well!
- Mix together all the ingredients. Ensure that the spices and condiments have been well combined with the meat.
- Use a 1/3 cup or 1/2 cup depending on how large you would like the burgers to be. Use your hands and form patties.
- Cook the patties right away or wrap individually and store in the freezer for accessibility. Typically, I will cook up 4-5 to keep in my fridge and I will individually wrap and freeze the rest of the uncooked burgers. I used a larger amount of meat for this recipe because it is so great to have these prepped. If you only want to make a few burgers for the day of, just half the recipe.
- To cook the patties on the stove, heat pan with a drizzle of olive oil/avocado oil and cook for about 5 minutes per side or until golden and cooked through. Serve on a salad, on a bun or crumble the meat and make turkey tacos!