To start, these Healthy Carrot Cake Bars are delicious, moist and made in just one bowl! The secret to the texture is a mix of whole wheat flour and almond flour. The bars are topped with an easy and fluffy homemade cream cheese frosting. By the way, all you need is 3 ingredients to make the no butter cream cheese frosting. Seriously, it’s THE BEST cream cheese frosting! It will be the only frosting recipe you will ever need! I wanted to call these carrot cake dream bars because they are truly heavenly!
Ingredients Used in this Healthy Carrot Cake Bar Recipe:
- whole wheat flour
- almond flour
- pumpkin pie spice
- baking powder
- unsweetened applesauce
- avocado oil – Grab the avocado oil here! USE CODE “FROZENBANANAS” AT CHECKOUT for a discount!
- maple syrup
- grated carrots
- chopped walnuts
Ingredients Used in the 3 Ingredient Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe:
- quark – To begin, if you never tried quark, don’t be intimated! It’s very similar to greek yogurt, but doesn’t have that tangy flavor. It’s super versatile and I use it in both sweet/savory recipes! You can purchase some on shopwunderquark.com and use code “BANANAS” for 15% off your first order!
- tofu cream cheese
- maple syrup
CHECK OUT THIS ALMOND FLOUR I USE. $13 FOR A GIANT BAG!
Other Sweet Treats to Make!
- Healthy Cinnamon Apple Crumb Cake
- Healthy Pumpkin Muffins – Low Sugar & Gluten-Free
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Muffins
- PB Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Healthy Carrot Cake Bars with 3 Ingredient Cream Cheese Frosting
Ingredients for the Cake Bars:
- 1 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp baking powder (gluten-free)
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup grated carrots
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
Ingredients for the Frosting:
- ⅓ cup quark
- 1 cup tofu cream cheese
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Mix together all ingredients for the cake batter until well-combined.
- Pour the mixture into an 8×8 baking pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 35-45 min. in a 350 degree oven.
- Allow the cake to cool completely. I know it's hard, but you don't want the frosting to melt!
- Grab your stand mixer. Use a paddle attachment on your mixer and mix the quark, tofu cream cheese and maple syrup until combined and creamy. There should be no lumps.
- Evenly spread the frosting over the cake.
- Slice into bars and enjoy!
- Store in the fridge.
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know in the comments with a comment and rating! 🙂