Creamy Mushroom Spaghetti Squash
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 large diced shallot
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 1 cup beef bone broth (can sub chicken or vegetable stock)
- ½ cup unsweetened canned coconut milk
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp GF oat flour
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and roast at 425 degrees face down for 45-55 minutes on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- For the creamy mushroom sauce, saute shallot in olive oil on medium heat until translucent. Add in the mushrooms and cook for 7-10 minutes until cooked though. Pour in the coconut milk and bone broth.
- Sprinkle in the nutritional yeast, garlic powder, pink salt, pepper and oat flour. Use a whisk and ensure the oat flour has been well-combined and there are no lumps. Cook the sauce for 5-7 minutes on medium heat until the sauce has become creamy.
- Divide the sauce in half and pour over the spaghetti squash. Sprinkle with chives.