This summer salad is a great gluten-free and healthy side dish to add to your table. It is full of nutritional goodness as well as lots of flavor!
Brown Rice Summer Salad
This is the best healthy brown rice summer salad - made with brown rice, a few chopped veggies, feta cheese and a simple dressing. It is a great summer side dish!
- ¾ cup cooked brown rice
- ½ cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped cucumber
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ⅛ cup chopped kalamata olives
- ⅛ cup crumbled feta cheese
Ingredients for Creamy Dressing:
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp hummus
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp Italian herb mix
- Mix together brown rice, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, celery, red onion, olives and feta cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine mustard, hummus, apple cider vinegar, olive oil and Italian herbs until creamy.
- Pour the dressing over the brown rice mixture and combine.
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.
Tried this recipe?Tell me how it was!
Yummy and refreshing. The dressing is soooo good!
I am so glad you enjoyed, Mandy! 🙂 - Krista <3