This summer salad is a great gluten-free and healthy side dish to add to your table. It is full of nutritional goodness as well as lots of flavor!
Brown Rice Summer Salad
- ¾ cup cooked brown rice
- ½ cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped cucumber
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ⅛ cup chopped kalamata olives
- ⅛ cup crumbled feta cheese
Ingredients for Creamy Dressing:
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp hummus
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp Italian herb mix
- Mix together brown rice, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, celery, red onion, olives and feta cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine mustard, hummus, apple cider vinegar, olive oil and Italian herbs until creamy.
- Pour the dressing over the brown rice mixture and combine.