These are the BEST Healthy Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies! They are filled with oats, oat flour, applesauce, coconut sugar and coconut oil.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are an absolute classic. Whether or not you add vegan chocolate chips is up to you, but honestly... these cookies are so good you won't miss the chocolate.
Something that makes these Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies extra special is the addition of ground cardamom. It gives such a warming flavor profile and combines perfectly with ground cinnamon and raisins.
Ingredients in this recipe
- melted coconut oil
- coconut sugar
- unsweetened applesauce
- unsweetened almond milk
- gluten free old fashioned rolled oats
- gluten free oat flour
- ground cinnamon
- ground cardamom
- baking soda
Recipe Notes/Substitution Ideas
- I used unsweetened raisins in these cookies. Check the back of the container to ensure there is no added sugar. In my opinion, dried fruit is sweet enough. There is no need for added sugars.
- Ensure that you measure your flour correctly! Spoon the flour into the measuring cup. Then, level off the top of the cup with a knife. Do not place the measuring cup into the bag and scoop. You could end up with more flour than needed.
- Add walnuts or nuts of choice into the mix for a crunch!
- Use pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon and cardamom. Plus, add pumpkin seeds to make Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Raisin Cookies!
Store the cookies in an airtight container on the counter for 2-3 days or place the cookies into the freezer for up to 3 months.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
PIN ME FOR LATER!
Healthy Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (with Coconut Oil)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, coconut sugar, applesauce and almond milk until combined.
- Add in the oats, oat flour, cinnamon, cardamom, baking soda, and raisins. Mix until combined.
- Use a large cookie scoop to scoop the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Gently flatten the tops of the dough before baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-13 minutes or until edges are slightly golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool on a cooling rack before enjoying.
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know below with a comment and rating! 🙂