These Healthy Gingerbread Cookies are perfectly soft, chewy, gluten free, grain free and sweetened with unrefined sugar. This is the easiest holiday cookie recipe. All you need is one bowl and 6 simple ingredients!
To begin, these Healthy Soft Gingerbread Cookies will be your go-to holiday cookie. The soft and chewy texture is my favorite part about these cookies. They pair perfectly with a latte, hot chocolate or cup of tea. Classic thin and crispy gingersnap cookies are delicious, but I have a feeling you are going to like these soft-baked gingerbread cookies even better! Secondly, these cookies are so easy to make! This is a one-bowl recipe with 6 ingredients! I coated a few of my cookies in white chocolate, but that’s totally optional!
To obtain the soft-baked chewy texture, you must refrigerate your cookie dough for 30 minutes prior to baking. Additionally, I recommend storing these cookies in the fridge.
Ground ginger and molasses are required for this recipe! The ground ginger will give these cookies the classic ginger flavor. You can purchase ginger powder HERE. The molasses gives these cookies a darker color and makes them sweet and chewy. You can purchase molasses HERE.
Ingredients Needed to Make these Soft-Baked Gingerbread Cookies:
Tools to Purchase to Make this Recipe:
- mixing bowls
- cookie scoops
- unbleached parchment paper
- cookie cooling rack
- food storage meal prep containers
Other Healthier Cookies to Bake!
- Healthy Thin Mint Cookies
- Healthy Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- Classic Chocolate Chippers
- Almond Flour Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Healthy Soft Gingerbread Cookies
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup softened coconut oil
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tsp ground ginger
- Mix together all ingredients until well-combined. Refrigerate the cookie dough for 30 minutes.
- Use a 2 tbsp scoop and roll the dough into balls, place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and flatten with your hand. Bake the cookies for 9-14 min. in a 350 degree oven. Do not over-bake! They will harden as they cool.
- Place the cookies onto a wire rack to cool completely. I coated a few of mine in white chocolate!
- Store the cookies in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know below with a comment and rating! 🙂