To begin, this Healthy & Easy Poached Egg Salad with Crispy Chickpeas is one of my favorite lunches to make. Secondly, it takes less than 15 minutes to make this flavorful and filling salad. Additionally, this salad contains protein from the egg and chickpeas. Lastly, this salad features my Crispy Spiced Chickpeas for the perfect crunch!
Flavorful, Easy and Quick!
Ingredients used in this Poached Egg Salad with Crispy Chickpeas Recipe:
- Crispy Spiced Chickpeas
- Lemon Juice
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Dried Dill
Other Salad Recipes to Make!
Poached Egg Salad with Crispy Chickpeas
- 2 cups chopped bok choy or greens of choice
- ¼ cup sliced white or red onion
- 6 sliced cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup sliced cucumbers
- ¼ cup Crispy Spiced Chickpeas
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp tahini
- 2 tsp pesto I used Trader Joe's Vegan Pesto!
- ¼ tsp dried dill
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Add greens, onion, tomatoes cucumbers and chickpeas to a bowl.
- Combine all ingredients for the dressing together and set aside.
- To poach the egg, bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Add the apple cider vinegar to the water. Lower the temperature to a simmer. Gently crack the egg into the saucepan. (You are supposed to crack the egg into a bowl first, but I don't have time for that. 😉 Allow the egg to cook for 4-6 minutes for a soft poached egg. Remove with slotted spoon and place the egg on top of the salad.
- Drizzle the dressing over the top. Optional: Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Click HERE for the Crispy Spiced Chickpeas Recipe!
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know in the comments with a comment and rating! 🙂