Once you try these turkey meatballs, you will never turn back. They are super simple to make and packed with flavor. The secret ingredient is sun-dried tomatoes!
Baked Turkey Meatballs
- 1 lb ground turkey meat
- ¼ cup rice crumbs I grab my rice crumbs at Trader Joe's. These are a great gluten-free option. Panko bread crumbs can be substituted.
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Italian herb mix
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Mix together the turkey meat, rice crumbs/panko, onion, egg, sun-dried tomatoes, Italian herbs, garlic powder, nutritional yeast, parmesan cheese, salt and black pepper.
- Ensure that the spices and condiments have been well combined with the meat. Use a 1 ½ Tablespoon scoop and form balls with the meat mixture. Place the meatballs onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Ensure they are spread apart for even cooking.
- Drizzle/spray 1 Tablespoon of olive oil over the top and bake at 385 degrees for 20-28 minutes.