Healthy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars are made with oat flour, oats, banana, olive oil, kefir and dark chocolate chips. These breakfast bars are gluten free, filled with fiber and easy to make.
Okay... think baked oatmeal meets banana bread. That's what these bars are like. I do love classic baked oatmeal, but the texture is more dense and chewy. These bars are super fluffy. Rather than using only whole oats to make the bars, I added in oat flour to create a cakey texture. They are also moist due to the mix of kefir, olive oil and mashed banana. These work as a breakfast, a snack or as a dessert!
Ingredients in this Recipe
- mashed spotty-brown banana
- olive oil
- maple syrup
- plain unsweetened kefir
- gluten free oat flour
- gluten free old fashioned oats
- baking powder (gluten-free)
- vanilla - I used vanilla powder, but you can sub vanilla extract
- dark chocolate chips
Kitchen Tools to Purchase to Make this Recipe
How to Store Healthy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature and enjoy within 1-2 days.
- To freeze, wrap each individual bar in plastic wrap. Place the bars into a freezer bag. Keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. These are awesome for breakfast meal prep!
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG! DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
PIN ME FOR LATER!
More Healthy Meal Prep Breakfast Recipes
Healthy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars
- ½ cup mashed spotty-brown banana - (about 1 banana)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup plain unsweetened kefir
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ cup gluten free oat flour
- ½ cup gluten free old fashioned oats
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder (gluten-free)
- 1 tsp vanilla - (I used vanilla powder, but you can sub vanilla extract)
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together banana, olive oil, maple syrup, kefir and eggs.
- Then, add in oat flour, oats, baking powder, vanilla and chocolate chips. Mix until combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into an 8x8 baking dish lined with parchment paper. Bake for 23-28 minutes in an oven preheated to 350 degrees F.
- Let cool completely and then slice into bars.
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know below with a comment and rating! 🙂