First off, this 12 Minute Shakshuka Recipe is made with 6 simple ingredients! All you need is garlic, olive oil, marinara sauce, eggs, feta or goat cheese and your herb of choice. Secondly, I used parsley and goat cheese in the featured photo. Also, you can add in additional veggies such as spinach, peppers and onions. This vegetarian recipe is very customizable. This is not a traditional shakshuka. It is my simple version. To finish, this is a perfect, easy and quick meal for any night of the week!
Check out Primal Kitchen's tomato sauces for this recipe! Use code: FROZENBANANAS for 10% OFF. Shop HERE.
Ingredients Used in this 12 Minute Shakshuka Recipe:
- olive oil
- marinara sauce
- goat cheese or feta cheese
- parsley or herb of choice
Other Easy Recipes to Try!
12 Minute Shakshuka
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ¾ cup your favorite marinara sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp crumbled goat cheese or feta cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley or herb of choice!
- In a pan, sauté 4 crushed garlic cloves in ½ tsp olive oil until golden. Pour in the marinara. If the sauce is very thick, add in a few tablespoons of water. Let the sauce simmer for 2 minutes.
- Crack 2 eggs into the sauce, cover the pan and simmer on low for about 8 minutes or until the eggs are cooked. Ensure that you do not cook the middle of the egg. That is the best part!
- Sprinkle with feta cheese and parsley. Optional: Serve with toasted sourdough, pita or bread of choice!
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know in the comments with a comment and rating! 🙂