12 Minute Shakshuka
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- ½ tsp olive oil
- ½ cup your favorite marinara tomato sauce
- ½ cup cold water
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley or herb of choice!
- In a pan, sauté 4 crushed garlic cloves in 1/2 tsp olive oil until golden. Pour in the tomato sauce and water. Let the sauce simmer for 2 minutes.
- Crack 2 eggs into the sauce, cover the pan and simmer on low for about 8 minutes or until the eggs are cooked. Ensure that you do not cook the middle of the egg. That is the best part!
- Sprinkle with feta cheese and parsley. Optional: Serve with toasted whole wheat pita bread.